
Gosh what a marathon. Two essays due today completed and handed in, the first one on East Asia's economic growth, and in particular on Taiwan's development strategies since 1949, the second one on enviromental conservation and the promotion of sustainable livelihoods, with a special analysis of the conflict between snow-leopards and mountain communities in the Annapurna Conservation Area of Nepal. Light stuff, man.
And minutes after I return to the library for more studying (clearly I like the pain), the fire alarm goes off and the building is evacuated. Hundreds of students who were finishing their essays before the 4 pm deadline panicked as their computers shut down and the Nazi porters dragged them out of the building.
For me, it was the signal I needed to drop what I was doing, come home, chill out, forget about gym resolutions (they can start tomorrow) and grab this week's copy of Hello!
Shallow! Totties! Shallow!
2 comments:
next time you must upgrade to:
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/
for the real smut.
BRAD'S BIRTHDAY GAG
To celebrate BRAD PITT's 43rd birthday, Clooney and a few pals wined and dined Hunk Boy at West Hollywood's Il Sole — then George dramatically handed his best buddy a beautifully-wrapped gift, saying: "I hope you like it, pal, I had it specially made just for you." Brad opened the box, looked stunned and said, "What the hell is this?" He held up his gift — and the gang went hysterical! It was a T-shirt with "Dad of the Year" emblazoned across the top — and below it, handmade from rubber and sewn on, were disgustingly realistic renditions of baby poop, baby barf and pee stains. Over the screams and giggles, Birthday Boy told Clooney: "Very thoughtful of you, George."
now THAT'S news worth becoming a journalist for...
Post a Comment