Highlights included: the performances of Arcade Fire, Martha Wainwright (but also Rufus was amazing), the Go Team!, Chemical Brothers, Toumani Diabaté (who appeared alongside a fabulous Bjork), CSS, Mr Scruff, Shirley Bassett (apparently, I didn't actually get to see her, but Lady V wouldn't stop talking about her) and Beirut. I can't really remember the other acts I saw, so assume they were just mediocre. Or I was not in a perfectly sane state of mind. Either way, apparently I had a permanent grin on my face, a clear sign that I was having the time of my life. All this despite the trekking through mud under pouring rain in freezing temperatures for most of the time.
Here are some initial pictures taken by the lovely Pam. Most of them were taken early on during the festival - later I apparently started looking like Gollum (in Molly's words). I was clearly not offended by the remark. Mud has never looked that good even on the likes of Kate Moss.
More pictures soon as soon as PDF sorts his camera out!
6 comments:
so how did everyone smell by day 3?
pic 1, who is the guy with the sunnies?
tell me more
MORE PICS
MORE PICS
Picture 1?
You seem to be in some sort of straight-boy sandwich. Were they trying to convert you to their wicked ways?
Oh dear God... PDF had decided to grow a Brokebackmountain Beard. His girlfriend will be checking his fishing box every day now.
Darling, you will never look like Golum. Only Gevork does...
Wasn't she Bassey and not Bassett.. She was wonderful. And... may I point out that you weren't at the GO-Team? I believe you want to see Sasha that night.
Wonderful nonetheless.
i saw css here in cleveland, they opened for ladytron. totally nuts. but in the best of ways. it was a great show. except ladytron looked extremely bored, or course.
Happy Singleton: we smelled like roses of course. Guy with sunglasses is Jon.
Le Duc: you should know that the one with a knack for proselytism is me...
Decline: the beard has now been removed. we suspect secret pressure in the bedroom
Bogart: you are right in every sense, but I did get to see a bit of Go Team on the way back and heard them from the tent
Ms Henry: I remember seeing Ladytron at Glastonbury too, if I am not mistaken. She looked bored there too, so I suspect it's just the way she permanently feels...!
All: more pictures will appear soon. Stay tuned!
Post a Comment