Okso.Here comes a little rant, partially because I am so tired that I can't be bothered to be funny, interesting or cool. Partially because I am pissed off. Yes, sometimes it happens, even to nice people like me. I work my arse off every day of the friggin' week to learn new stuff, reading tons of articles and books, attending countless lectures and conferences, organising dinners so interesting people can fire interesting ideas at each other, all with the firm belief that this is the *right* thing to do, all for the best, it will pay off in the end, all this cash I am pouring into the LSE's bottomless coffins.
I don't really have a social life any longer. I haven't seen some of my friends for decades. I know they are alive simply because their blogs get updated. That's how miserable my life has become. Bed --> Library --> Bed.
So, on the day I am handing in yet another essay, which is not assessed, but which I have spent most of last weekend and early days of this week writing, 2 things occur simultaneously, which send me rocketing with wrath.
1. Last week the Fees Office sent me - and many other fellow students - a message saying I hadn't paid for my MSc fees. I promptly replied with all the details of the transfer, when I got another message saying their IT system had fucked up, and to ignore the previous message. Fine, I just wasted 15 minutes looking for the trasfer details, but fine. There's worse in life. Then today I get ANOTHER message urging me to present 'copy of bank transfer' so their brilliant accountant (who has clearly lost my money) can trace the payment. Surely, I reply, all the information the brilliant accountant needs is in the email I just sent to you, containing ALL the information that a copy of a bank transfer would give you (fuckers). Is it too much to ask for you to actually READ an email before you send out more onerous requests, given how I am struggling to find time to sleep and bearing in mind the hefty fees you are charging me for this painful experience? Would it be too much to ask you to start using Excel to record the money people have transferred to you 8 months ago?
2. I went to my EU seminar, where I had to sit through another hour and a half of idiocy squirted out of the mouth of this fat Israeli woman, who for the first time in my life made me want to torture someone (her). She's one of those people who HAS TO talk all the time, regardless of whether she actually has anything even remotely interesting to say. Week in and week out, all 16 of us have to endure her constant interruptions, trivial banalities and pointless remarks, while the tutor's inability to reign her in constantly reminds me of the UN in Rwanda during the genocide. Highlights of her interventions today included "You know that THING in the Ukraine... You know... The REVOLUTION, yeah? Like, THAT was awesome" and "You know what the problem of the EU and Russia is? Eh? Is that they are COWARDS, the EU, you know?" No, REALLY? Thank you. Thank you SO MUCH for this amazing insight into the complex world of international relations.
It's on days like this that I feel I threw the cost of a decent car down the drain. And that I should be learning something useful. Like knitting.
8 comments:
This is why I sit in the library on my own, removed from society and talking to no-one.
Right darling. We are Going Out: You and Me. Bugger the EU. We will do whatever it takes to cheer you up (rash? oh well...). We deserve it.
tot f to the rescue, from a distance. i second tot v's motion and raise you a g&t. lots to be said about splendid isolation.
think you the offensive israeli woman needs to be told to shut the hell up. you could become a legend in your lifetime if you piped up and told her what's what.
quite enjoyed this little rant, i must say. LSE fukers.
Thank you totties. I've always known in the hour of need my true friends would show their true colours from my foes. I am ready to take on the world with you by my side!!!!!
am ready to PUT fattie on a FAST!!! a permanent one!
Knitting: we already got 2 followers. Totty you launched a trend.
Can I have a scarf please!
Obviously if I was in the same class I would have said something like : Escuse me Do you think this is interesting??
Well I did once at uni, when we had this 80 year old teacher of statistics that to dimonstrate fractions she drew 141 little men on the blackboard to show that you can't cut them in half..
Anyway she was talking about probability in throwing dies.
She made a mistake, so she said: We got it wrong. To which I stood up to reply: Us? you, not us got it wrong.
Since that day they call me Sicily
This is almost like discovering the Sacred Grahal. Or the Fountain of Youth. Knowing the origin of the epitomy Annalisa. Who knew it was all down to 141 little men that wouldn't be split in half...
just glad you fixed that typo in dulness. it was bothering me.
that's my totty. nothing left to loose but a good dose of spelling...!
Post a Comment