26 February, 2007

The end of an era is always the beginning of another era

No one knows how dinosaurs became extinct. To avoid similar confusion to future researchers, I have decided to document minute-by-minute the dramatic end of the PDF era and the beginning of the Heidi era. These are shocking images, so parents, please, you have been warned...

Here is the first, devastating image of PDF's departure:


Note to future researchers: something that even us observers of the cataclysmic event could not fathom was how he managed to fit into that tiny room so much junk:


Some observers were clearly too shocked to comprehend the gravity of the situation. This particular one, laughing at the impending tragedy, reminded me of the orchestra that carried on playing while the Titanic was sinking inexorably into the icy waters of the North Atlantic:


Soon, I was just left alone with an empty crate of memories:


But thankfully, there is no shortage of Americans in London these days, although it is still a mistery why so many of them would choose to live in a phonebox-sized bedroom with two Italian overpretentious arses. This one, at least, won't crack her head open every time she stands up under her bunk-bed:


Interestingly, she too seemed to be able to fit far more stuff than I ever expected into the phonebox-sized bedroom. I am wondering if they found some secret storage chamber somewhere under the floorboards... perhaps I should charge more rent to be on the safe side:


Now, one thing I was already missing from Paul's era was the extensive array of headwear and juvenile tools I could pick from in moments of exhuberance or dismay. Thankfully, Heidi must have guessed my thoughts, because she came extremely well-prepared: tiara and sound-emitting sword top my favourite list so far...


... followed of course by pink hat


One for the paparazzi: landlord (with safety helmet) and lodger (with tiara)


Yes, the room is beginning to look lived-in once more. The trauma only lasted for 2 hours, thankfully:


And it looks like there might be advantages to living with a young straight woman: I can actually hang... er... my calendars in her room, and she won't tear them down in disgust!


Goodbye, PDF... you will be very missed...

And welcome to your new home, Heidi!! Let the fun begin!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! HEIDI!

on a sidenote. that room is a real shoebox.

bogart said...

Brilliant recount. Welcome to the hood Heidi.
But how do you do the change of season??
Darlings you really are very oroganised.

albeo said...

darlings

she's fine. she's tiny and tidy and never eats beans, so the air is thight.

Heidi said...

I eat beans.

MicNic said...

I thought you promised the room to me. Are you sure heidi can be trusted?

Pavlusha34 said...

If I get kicked out by my current flatmate, I do hope we can undertake the feat of moving all my stuff back in the room. Heidi and I would fit, I am sure!

Did you lift some of my jesus pencil tops from one of my boxes?

Anonymous said...

Your current flatmate is listening.. be careful what you say!!

albeo said...

I am beginning to wonder how many more people I could fit in there, actually... tripe-decker bunk bed? or just orgy?

Actually, knowing Heidi and Michael, it's a stupid question...