04 May, 2009

New casa

Home sweet home. Or so the saying goes. Well, tonight I moved into what will hopefully be my last Milanese abode, at least for this round. And it started of course with large amounts of gin and dinner at my sister's, where all my stuff was stacked. Her bf, Opus as we like to call him for his fanatical sympathies, volunteered a lift, and who am I to turn a faithful down?

So this is how it started, luggage piling up and ready to descend once more the 4 flights of stairs only recently climbed after leaving San Vittore.


A few minutes later, the very same luggage was made to climb the 4 flights of stairs leading up to my new pad. Maybe my friend Ben wasn't SO wrong when he genuinely enquired if they had elevators in Italy. Certainly not in the houses we take possession of.




I spotted straight away the unwanted intruder, a small TV set looking at me rudely.


I immediately disposed of it in the only way these creatures should be dealt with: I hid it under the staircase. I would have set it on fire, but I guess the landlady would have demanded my kineys as compensation.


The fridge was left pretty empty. In fact, they even removed the toilet paper from the loo, something which says a lot about the Milanese sense of saving.


Thankfully, I took with me the essentials:


And finally found a trace of the previous tenants - or of the landlady, hard to tell.


I think I'll sleep well tonight. My own home after some 9 months living in someone else's house. God I missed this...

4 comments:

Lady V said...

Gotta love the Masetti moving strategy - gin, tonic, shopping bags. Classy, always classy. Settle in well, petal. Sit back and relax...

Tom said...

Bed: tick
Gin: tick
Aviator glasses: tick

If there's something else a flat needs I don't know what it could be.

pod said...

fully approve of the empty fridge

bogart said...

and the sink is marked well too.. in case you forget and think it's a loo.. after all the gins!