So here you get a few pictures to titillate you with what you'd have been able to see if you had come with me.

First of all, flowers. Yes, dear reader. My hometown has one of the largest immigrant commuities in Italy, many of them living in appaling conditions in inner-city collapsing buildings, rented out to them at extorionate prices by ruthless landlors. While these immigrants are explited in factories around the city or funneled in the any type of illigal activity, with virtually no money being spent on supporting their education/integration or accommodating them properly, my lovely hometown (one of the richest per GDP per capita in the world) thinks it's FAR more important to cover the city in lavish monuments to bees' best friends: flowers.
When finding itself with some extra cash, something which apparently happens rather frequently, here's another way it thinks wise to spend it:

No comment necessary.
Thankfully, I am going back to Milan tonight (mind you, its spending habits are even worse, considering the huge social problems it has and the near-absence of resources it pours towards them). I say thankfully because perhaps I'll get a chance to see the Frecciarossa again...


Now I know SOMEONE who might like to see that too...!
5 comments:
STOP TEASING ME!!!
Those dangling suits made me shiver a little...
That train was SOOOO big I don't think you would have liked it after all... ;-)
Yes, hometowns are all the rage this weekend.
And really, why would you want social justice when you could just have nice pretty things instead? Kitty fairies!
i was in our hometown of roccalbegna away from all irritants!
dying to get on the frecciarossa and get all north by northwest in it.
Post a Comment