31 May, 2009

Dead inside


It had been a while since I last gathered my belongings and ventured passed the Apennines to our little Tuscan retreat, but this weekend a mixture of holiday mood around town (June 2 is holiday in Italy, so most poeple are taking Monday off too) and a work trip to a fair in Florence persuaded me to brave the drive on my own all the way to Maremma.


Before getting there, I therefore stopped in Florence for the day. Hadn't been there for 15 years Marjory. Unchanged, as far as I can tell. Beautiful, stunning, and dead inside.



Luckily there are some eye-candies to keep us entertained...


The fair I went to, Terrafutura,


was full of do-gooders and barely-camoufflaged Commies:


But at least there were some bizzare things in there, including this wall of coloured beans. Beans, yes. Not sure why they featued in a fair about stuff that is saving the world, but apparently these beans are doing something good. I was too tired to bother checking what exactly though...


And then, it was our little hideaway and a gathering storm. Just what we like, and what we'll be doing again next weekend...

4 comments:

Lady V said...

Have always felt Florence was dead inside, old thing. Have always felt bad for thinking so.

LeDuc said...

Er... since I generally prefer old buildings to people, I adore Florence. The buildings speak to me. It feels very alive.

Then again, I come from Norfolk.

FKJ said...

awful place
redeemed briefly by room with a view. the film.

Tom said...

Is that Florence?