18 October, 2008

The Truman Show


Sometimes things slip besides us, we know they are approaching, we know they are just within reach, and then they are gone. The sand trickles. Time erases resolutions.

And sometimes things come back. Such is the case of Weir's Truman Show, which I had never seen before - perhaps because of a silly prejudice regarding Jim Carrey, which I just coudn't imagine starring in a 'serious' movie. And thank god they do.


No review this time. Slightly too late for that. But a big THANK YOU to Peter Weir for giving us another magical film, after Picnic at Hanging Rock, Witness and Dead Poets' Society (yes, I LOVE that movie, no comment please).

I shed a little tear (not publicly, since mother was next to me and didn't want to give her reason to worry her son was a little queer... oooops, too late for that I guess...). I am going to bed happy.

1 comment:

LeDuc said...

Dead Poet's Society?

Really...?!

Er... carpe diem!