27 July, 2008

Double bill

This week has given me an overdose of good cinema, and confirmed me just how much I love the art. First, there was the obscenely opulent Dark Knight premiere at London's Leicester Square, with all the celebrities and flashes you expect on such occasions.



The Dark Knight is - as Le Duc rightly pointed out even before the director had seen the final cut (that man, always one step ahead of us all) - really very good. In fact, it's one of those films that keeps you nailed to the chair, despite being rather long. Heath is absolutely mind-blowing. Chilling and human at the same time.


The other wonder I saw was Wall-E. Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love cartoons. But this one is in a league of its own. It's funny, sweet, entertaining and political. I was so much in heaven that I had to go see it twice...

Don't mind when the US produce such high-quality commercial entertainment. If only it was always so good...

3 comments:

Tom said...

It's all about the contradiction.

m.henry said...

the dark night was amazing. i was either nailed to my seat. or throwing fists of excitement into the air. also, gary oldman is one of my favourites. he takes the cake.

LeDuc said...

Oh come on -- you swore in the Spanish restaurant that you were back to frequent posting, but it's been more than A WEEK! That's SO unfair -- I only got into this business because you made me, and now I feel abandoned. For God's sake, man: we need to know what's happening!