02 November, 2008

moi non plus



Drowning, not waving - a one act play

A: we need to lighten up. we need to do something outrageuos.

V: yeah? really? but...

A: take this.

V: oh, alright then.

Several hours, 6 bottles of red wine, endless chats UNDER the table later...

A: I am feeling so much better.

V: I feel dead inside.

The following morning...

A: Is that wine in your mug?

V: I feel dead inside.

Later in the day...

A: Is that still wine in your mug?

V: I feel dead inside.

The following 2 days...

V: I feel dead inside.

A: you're beginning to sound repetitive, Tots

V: but I feel dead inside. might cry now.

Cries.

A: really, you ought to lighten up.

V: you killed me.

A: G&T

V: No. I feel dead inside. My life has no meaning any longer. I can't sleep any longer. Am turning into my mother/Beverley Allitt

A: errrrrrr... don't you think you are being a little too... womanly?

V: ...

A: thought so.

V passes out on the plane. sleeps like a badger for 37 consecutive hours.

Later in the weekend, Tot A and Tot V exchange text messages.

A: U still suicidal?

V: don't know what u are talking about. basking in babies. love it. might move to the lake district forever. love it here.

A: errrrrr..... I am coming to get you.

V: no. no. I'm coming down tomorrow. might need a G&T to help me recover...

3 comments:

Tom said...

Readers take note: this play, though certainly displaying a realism as poignant and bitter as the best works of, say, Eugene O'Neil, is HIGHLY sanitized.

They might have to be sent to play in separate corners.

FKJ said...

ALL
i know is that don't you ever dare to do THAT
again without me
i won't stand for it
for goodness sake's
i wanted to be dead inside TOO

Lady V said...

All better now....