04 February, 2009

Here we go again...



Sitting in Malpensa once more, waiting for an Easyjet plane gone astray. What is it with planes and time? It shouldn't be so hard. It's not like you can get stuck in a traffic jam up there. Two G&Ts downed. Bosford gin. Gosh, they really know how to treat you here.

Last time I was doing this, it was mid-December - pretty much in the same section of the airport - sitting next to a rather pained Lady V who was sipping gin out of a plastic bottle so people wouldn't think bad about her. It never occurred to her that after 6 hefty doses, we stank like gin-soaked skunks, the real giveaway. Bless...

Naturally, by the time I get to London, there will be no train from Gatwick, and I'll be forced onto a ghastly bus all the way to - gasp - Victoria, where I'll be forced to jump on a cab. Maybe, around 2 am, I'll reach the sofa. And that will be a wonderful moment... I miss Exmouth Market, London and everyone so much... It'll be amazing to be back for 10 days...! And for what an occasion!!!

(I am talking about Lady V's big night out of course)

Have we decided what we are going to wear? WW2 gear, is it? Won't there be a clash with Everyone's an English Patient?

2 comments:

bogart said...

Glamorous clothes
you important people will just be yourself, i'll act like one.
Full frock... ( we need to use them sometimes anyway) and the event deserves it fully totally and forever

Lady V said...

Oh, happy days in the Malpensa bar! We were skanky little skunks indeed...

You will look fabulous in anything you wear, darling, as ever. Everyone will.

God, I am loving my friends this week.