28 January, 2009

Hitting the Hall



No, dear readers. Not Lady V. I would never do that, unless she forced me to. I am talking about the City Hall, the house of the most venerable Milanese monument: the mayoress.

But it was not The Lady I was to meet. It was a man, of course, clad in rigorous Zegna and eyeing us up and down like some strange, exotic preys captured by 16th century ducal vessels in the Far East.

"So what is it you do?"

"Blah blah... social innovation... blah blah... social enterprise... blah blah... networks... blah blah... sustainability... blah blah... change... blah blah... better world".

"Right. I see. Well, you DO understand, here we're in Italy, not some FANCY country like England or the US. Things don't CHANGE here like they seem to do there. No matter how good your idea is, no matter how intelligent, respected and acclaimed abroad, HERE you are in Italy. Here what matters is WHO introduces you and WHAT you are giving in return to someone who might do you a favour. Capito?"

Answer I should have given: "Yes of course I understand. I understand that as long as people like YOU are allowed to walk out of this building without fear of being shot, dismembered and scattered to stray dogs for their amusement, things will not indeed change, which is why you can rest reassured that I will hunt you, your fellow party buddies, your opposition buddies and all of you rat-like politicians down until you are all reduced to an odorous pulp in an open-air pit in the outskirt of Milan".

Answer I gave: "Yes of course I understand. Thank you so much for your time, Dr ..."

I need to get back to a sane place soon...

4 comments:

Tom said...

Sic the falcons on him.

FKJ said...

give me his name
so i can write something nasty on him.

Lady V said...

horrid man.

set your tots on him. that'll work...

LeDuc said...

Er... I could do a photo montage thing with his head stuck onto a very unappetising naked body, and then plaster it on my blog with his name and title... then anyone who Googles him will find his exciting new image.

That ought to cost him a few votes, yes?