
As most people will probably know, the young Adolf Hitler lived a bohemian life in Vienna between 1905 and 1913, trying to pursue a career in the fine arts.
Now here's a question for you. Imagine you were a young artist living in Vienna at the time. Imagine you're sharing your premises with a strange man, who's habits include heavy drinking and sudden outbursts against certain ethnic or sexual groups. You spend your evenings with friends, often laughing nervously at the outrageous statements of the socially-dysfunctional housemate.
Now we all know how that ended. So it is legitimate to ask ourselves: why didn't the people living with Hitler during these crucial years do something about it? Why didn't they force him to see a psychiatrist? Or perhaps take more drastic action? We can now legitimately say that they are partially responsible for all that happened after.
With this in mind, jump to the year 2008. London. You have a group of young friends living and working closely together. One of them is this socially-dysfunctional character, who often gets drunk and has a penchant for sudden outbursts against certain ethnic or sexual groups. His career is - incomprehensibly to everyone else - going swimmingly. He soon might be given a position of relative power.
So here's the question. Should the group of friends:
A - Carry on laughing with/at him. This is after all the XXI century. Mass murder and world wars don't happen any more!
B - Force him to seek immediate professional help at the local psychiatric ward, while simultaneously alerting the police so that they start bugging his phone.
C - Kill him. There is no other way out.
I think all my readers know very well who I am talking about...
7 comments:
the inner circle should collude
and when the time is right
carry out a joint intervention
and put the bugger out of his misery.
teen horniness is not a crime
but outliving your welcome is.
am still of the mindset that a bit of mass distruction and devastation never did anyone any harm, so to speak. sorry if that sounds a contradiction in terms.
ready to be taken out too.
c c c
by all means c
sorry to go off subject but
as an aside
who has seen "max"
the little-seen film starring john cusack and the minger from "the year my voice broke" about the young adolf when he is an aspiring yet irrevocably mediocre artist. the premise was that his dashed hopes to make in the art world trigger the apocalypse.......
i am banging on i feel
ps as another aside, miss going to leduc's site but until i have my own internet it is strictly off limits.
Say a given person will kill X people in the future with probability q (q~N(0,1)). We can thus kill up to dqX people today (where d is the discount rate on future lives) in order to prevent this from happening. Equivalently, we would be dqX/P percent (where P is the population size) justified in killing a random member of the population to avert future genocide. Now suppose the probability of the person in question killing X* people is q* with X*>meanX and q*>meanq. You have a moral duty to kill this person when dq*X*/P>.5, i.e., when you are more likely to be right than wrong.
to tot a..
the problem with hitler was that the masses followed him. My opinion is that anybody can wake up with a absurd idea every morning, but if nobody follows him the idea remains just that.
I for example wake up every morning with idea of burning down my work place and killing all the stupid people.. but people don't listen.. so.. everybody is safe.... Hence no real need to kill our crazy friend.. Also if we all keep enjoying his company and if we don't take any action to punish him, there is no way he will learn.. I propose.. sodomisation with hello kitty.. ( well that didn't work either!)
To Tom..
your formula doesn't account for the fact that recently shocks and casual events happen more often than they used to.. hence you have more chance of people waking up with genocide instinct and you have higher chance that the number X of people killed at the next outburst is far greater than previously estimated by your calculations.
I propose weekly helpings of tortellini... they generally sedate him.
Hmmmm... I am Vincent Cifra of the Philippines... I am a student in Philosophy in the University of Santo Tomas... I never did like Hitler and all his actions. Most certainly,I would never want anything like Hitler did to ever happen again. But, we cannot change the inevitable fact that all men are unique. History does not repeat itself, men repeat history. If I am the person that is actually around this kind of fella, I will not turn him over to a psychiatrist or a certain police station for those are foolish judgmental acts. What I will do is offer him the goodness of friendship and do the best I can to cover him with the arms of love and chastity. These I believe is not a "human act" but rather a "person's act". God Bless brothers. . .
Bonjorno, albeo.blogspot.com!
[url=http://cialistagh.pun.pl/ ]Acquistare cialis online[/url] [url=http://viagraenat.pun.pl/ ]Vendita viagra in Italia[/url] [url=http://cialisdkee.pun.pl/ ]Compra cialis in Italia[/url] [url=http://viagraycla.pun.pl/ ]Compra viagra online[/url] [url=http://cialisonya.pun.pl/ ]Vendita cialis generico[/url] [url=http://viagrareta.pun.pl/ ]Comprare viagra generico[/url]
Post a Comment