1. orson welles never been sexier. BLOODY HELL! when the light shines on him and his half smirk. i had kittens. 2. alida valli's walk in the final reel to the soaring score by anton karas. i had more kittens. 3. the ultimate put down to the swiss. i got the chuckles o'houlihan.
This is one of my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE movies! I've lost count of the number of times I have seen it, and yet there are scenes which still give me goose-flesh. Am staggered to reflect how little time Welles spends on screen, yet how much he dominates my memory of this film. It is not as if the others are weak - I particularly enjoy Trevor Howard's world-weary bureaucrat, a heady concoction of high-mindedness and bloody English pragmatism. This film is an amazing achievement, one of the high-points of twentieth century art.
3 comments:
saw this for the first time at school age 14.
1. orson welles never been sexier. BLOODY HELL! when the light shines on him and his half smirk. i had kittens.
2. alida valli's walk in the final reel to the soaring score by anton karas. i had more kittens.
3. the ultimate put down to the swiss. i got the chuckles o'houlihan.
am done for now. it's only 730am.
This is one of my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE movies! I've lost count of the number of times I have seen it, and yet there are scenes which still give me goose-flesh. Am staggered to reflect how little time Welles spends on screen, yet how much he dominates my memory of this film. It is not as if the others are weak - I particularly enjoy Trevor Howard's world-weary bureaucrat, a heady concoction of high-mindedness and bloody English pragmatism. This film is an amazing achievement, one of the high-points of twentieth century art.
cinema at its finest.
Post a Comment