And yes it is shameful, such a long silence, but my life has been rather difficult and I didn't have anything to say. I won't use this as an excuse, however, so here we go with my top 20 list of the 2000s. No, they are not the best. They are the ones I loved. So to Tot F: no one is right!
1. Donnie Darko - no explanation required.

2. The Dark Knight - just mindblowing.

3. The Incredibles - so perfect it almost hurts.

4. Spirited Away - visionary

5. Amores Perros - what cinema should be like

6. Bamako - what cinema can be like

7. Mysterious Skin - painfully beautiful

8. Les Triplettes de Belville - a stroke of genius

9. 2046 - luscious

10. Chicken Run - weightless joy

11. Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain - a lesson in love

12. Cidade de Deus - a lesson in life

13. La Mala Educación - one of Pedro's best

14. Distric 9 - sci-fi like it has never been

15. Star Trek - sci-fi like it should always be

16. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - quentin knows his shit

17. Beau Travail - better than brokeback m.

18. Mystic River - a ticking bomb

19. Sunshine - unforgettable

20. Hotel Rwanda - just because
6 comments:
Well, now, very interesting...
But can I just say you are a Big Fat Cheater -- "Beau Travail" was released in 1999. Which is annoying because it's one of my favourite films and would definitely have been on my Top 20 list had it qualified.
But it doesn't. Harrumph.
Great to see a Nick Park film on here, and I also really liked lots of others (Hotel Rwanda, Sunshine and District 9 among them).
Let's face it -- 20 slots just isn't enough.
duc!
i was about to say the SAME THING!
the cheek of the boy. to think he could slip that past us.
it is not a bad list all things considering. got to hand it to him. i thought beau travail was an unsufferable snooze fest. and i seem to remember seeing it with filippo who thought the same. anyway, i am not a gay boy. so that might explain part of it.
Love it. This list would be absolutely perfect had it included a certain masterwork of the New Zealand cinema ;)
Not to mention Troll 2!!!
Anyway, I score 14/20 on yours. The only top 20 list where i've broken 50%! awww....
I have an angry inch to pick with you.
Post a Comment