26 December, 2008

New Year Resolutions



Echoing my dear friend Tot F, I think the time has come to start thinking about those wretched New Year Resolutions which we invariably fail to realise - with the possible exception of Tot C, who - despite moaning about being a failed human being all the time - is actually the only one who is getting something done with her life.

ANYWAY!

Here's my first resolution. After 25 days of blog silence, I understand this might arrive a little late. Several of you (well, actually only you, Le Duc) probably already hate me for this prolongued silence and don't consider me your friend any longer. Well, let me tell you that something I have learned about people is that they can change, and not always for the worst. Sometimes, they learn from their mistakes and they improve.

Now, that's precisely what my number 1 resolution is. Learn from my mistakes and become a better person! And of all my mistakes, probably the one that stands out and cries vengeance from the gods is my lack of committment to blogging.

Well, this is all about to change. Not IMMEDIATELY of course - we still don't have internet connection in the countryside (another resolution that will see the light in 2009) - but in early January. I will keep you all updated on my life developments, and possibly take some pictures too.

My second, crucial resolution is to get what I came to Milan for done, and bugger back to London. There really is THAT much Italy my heart can take. And I think I am quickly approaching the limit.

The third one... well, you all know what the third one is. The book will speak the truth. In a semi-Byblical sense I guess.

And the fourth one is to try to spend as much time with my lovely friends as possible.

There will be many more, but you'll have to come to Tuscany and read them for yourself!

Happy New Year to all!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

more banging on
more tots
less execrables

LeDuc said...

I couldn't possibly hate you, you are much too lovely. Although more blogging *would* be nice: you're the one who got me doing it in the first place, so I think it's only fair...

Lady V said...

only 24 hours to go until I am in Maremma undoing all progress so far on previous resolutions, just in time to make the same ones all over again. and in the company of the same lovely people as last time... and the time before... and the time before.... CANNOT WAIT!