And so here I am, back from the US of A, jet lagged and still high due to the wonderful experiences I had over the last week. Russian spider-cabaret, star-covered Limos, s’mores, A-rides on 1948 Chevvys, poo-riddles, apple pie-making, chess-playing under mounted bisons, swimming across monster-infested lakes, walking in flip-flops across mosquito-infested woods, and on and on and on. It would take over an hour to list all the amazing things I did in just over 8 days.
But most of all, P & M’s wedding. Everything about is was perfect, except perhaps the little drizzle that accompanied the ceremony – but quite appropriate if you consider the two met in London. Yet, even that gave way to an astonishing sunset, as we ate and danced and drank ourselves into a frenzy of joy and love.
And of all people, I should know. My role as officiator was so honorific, so unique and so incredible that this will by far be the best wedding of my life. P & M, I have no words to convey the joy I felt for you both on Saturday. I have never seen two newlyweds transmitting to all their families and friends such immense happiness, that it was virtually impossible to sit and stop bouncing around. This has been by far one of the most memorable days of my life.
Naturally, the whole event didn’t go down without a little romping, as my sermon rightly predicted. Tot V and Tot T, having downed the former a few good litres of wine, and the latter something between 10 and 12 tequila shots, managed to entertain the crowds for hours Marjorie. There is plenty of photographic evidence, unfortunately not in my possession as my camera phone died and was unable to revive itself. But I am sure someone will post something sooner or later. Perhaps a couple of snaps taken in a loo, since the duo has taken to going to there ensemble and documenting all on camera.
Then of course there were hundreds of other fantastic moments on that day, beginning with Little Pea’s smashing of the P&M-shaped piƱata, a highly symbolic act, given he was not allowed to express his grief during the ceremony. And of course all the preparations before the actual wedding, the groom pacing nervously up and down the living room, while the bride demanded lashings of cava in her dressing room. It was like being in a movie, really. And finally, a little stop-over in NYC, which was glistening under a blue sky and looked absolutely amazing. I have now officially fallen for that city.
So, here I am, back in London, under a grey rainy sky, sad at the people I have left behind of course, but confident there will be more adventures like this one in the near future.
As Lady V would say, good times, happy days!!!!!
K'Naan America feat. Mos Def
9 years ago
2 comments:
Good times, happy days indeed!
Flattering and respectable pictures coming soon.
Flattering and respectable? Are there any?
Post a Comment