20 March, 2007

Apocalypto



Le Duc recently posted possibly the best review of Apocalypto I have read, so I won't indulge here. Suffice to say, I share most of his take, including the South Park quote. It is - literally - an amazing film, in the sense that your eyes will remain glued to the screen for the duration of the movie. There is, indeed, little psychological introspection, but then who cares? No one ever thought this was what the movie was about.

The unknown cast is extraordinary, and proof once again that all that money spent on acting schools is mostly wasted. If the director knows what he's doing, 70% of the job is done. The remaining 30% is in the hands of the producer (I am told).

2 comments:

FKJ said...

rexis tu? .. love that line..

loved the passion. loved apocalyto.

duc said it best.

Anonymous said...

I am blushing...